ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electronic fault & preheating warning light

A few
I have a mk2 ph2 clio and the electronic fault & preheating warning light Keeps coming on now and again.

It mostly happens when im stood with no revs on accelorator etc, and the engine will start reving on its own. I then have to turn off the engine and start it up again.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ok, open the bonnet and behind the engine block there will be a little black box, take this box off and there should be a set of wires, you should see the wires exposed, this is the cause of your problem.

The box is rubbing through the loom and is effecting the cars ECU, either retape the box and wires back up, or simply keep the box off, which is what I've done.

A few
Ok, open the bonnet and behind the engine block there will be a little black box, take this box off and there should be a set of wires, you should see the wires exposed, this is the cause of your problem.

The box is rubbing through the loom and is effecting the cars ECU, either retape the box and wires back up, or simply keep the box off, which is what I've done.

Thanks for the reply. Will give this ago.

I did do abit of research and found information on the RAC website and some of the members on there have posted that it could be alot of problems:

• Throttle Body
  • Wiring Harness
  • Spark Plugs
  • Rubber Seals on Manifold

Can someone please put a picture of this black box?

I guess you are not talking about the main fuse box.

This fault happens twice in the last 2 days, after turn off and on the engine the fault disappear.