ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electronic Throttle Control fault/Short-circuit (Fault Codes) ?

Plugged my mates 1.2 into my RSTuner, because he'd been having problems with the car losing all power and not being able to accelerate above 30 mph.
The three faults that look the suspect are the bottom three (why does only the ICV fault have a code?)

Am I right in thinking the Electronic Throttle Control is built into the accelerator pedal?
Is it a case of replacing it?

Is the idle control valve issue linked?

Any tips on how we can sort it would be great!

joecar_zps3d534fd9.jpg

Dirty throttle body and icv valve. Remove them and give a good clean with carb cleaner, thats the first thing i would try/do.

I've already cleaned the throttle body. Ran smoother but then did exactly the same thing ten mins down the road.

How can I tell if its electronic idle control or has an actual idle control valve?
Where would it be?

Could it be the loom going to the accelerator pedal has been damaged and is shorting?

This is his engine (if it helps)

IMG_0244.jpg

An update.
Got a video of that its doing. Swapped the pedal assembly over, and didn't make any difference:

th_20130703_194913_zpsbaf5ce19.jpg

Removed the throttle body housing, but it doesn't seem to be like any I can find for the d7f engine on Ebay?
They're all metal but this is plastic?

20130703_223922_zps8486036e.jpg