ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electronics on-line.... who do you use and why?

Listerine & Poledo
As the title says really.

If you're looking to get, say, a Freezer, or a TV, or a toaster or....whatever.
But you're going to buy on-line.
Where do you end up using and why?

I know the vast majority of answers will be "[vendor], they were the cheapest", but maybe some people have particular brand loyalty, maybe because of returns policies or similar.

Thanks

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol I don't do reviews. Always on time with delivery and prices are pretty decent plus lots of pictures for you to clicky on with reviews.

Depends what it is. Apple items for example I'm happy buying online because I know I can return it to a store if there's a problem.

But my TV/SLR, I bought from local places purely because of the safety I suppose you could call it. I didn't want to have to try and arrange a courier for a TV just to try and get a refund exchange. Much easier to be able to take it back in the car.

For those two things, I got pretty much the same price as I would have online anyway.

Polo + Micra
i tend to buy what ever i need from the cheapest place

i just find what i want on manufactures website get model number

then enter that into Google and see what comes up

Listerine & Poledo
Thanks gents.

Does anyone ever consider things such as "returns policies" or similar.
Of course, everyone is protected by the Distance Selling Regulations, but some retailers try to put some hurdles in place for you to jump through, others are really easy

I've bought DVD players, a Kindle and things like that online. Play/Amazon etc.

I trust them that they'd take it back but it's the hassle. It's rare you can phone them. So you have to try and email. Get an address to send it back. Then either wait for a courier all day or try and get to the post office. Just seems hassle.

Touch wood I've not had to send something back. The one item I did have that was faulty was from Richer Sounds years ago and they said they'd do a 'doorstep swap' so sent me a new one and never collected the old one.

Listerine & Poledo
LOL @ Richer Sounds.

Love those guys, always worth a shop visit with them though, I think I got about £50 off when I picked up a few bits, 1 was an ex-display but they were just chucking stuff in for nish without me even asking.

Another vote for eBuyer. Their service is excellent, never had a delivery late, the order tracking is great and you can order upto 11pm and still get it next day, it's how all online shops should run.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I use eBuyer a LOT ! spend thousands each year.

Their deliveries are quick, order accuracy has been 100% and the most important thing for me is their returns policy is excellent. Just a week ago I had to return a TomTom which was DOA. Sent it back and couple days later had a replacement unit.

I also use BT Business direct, but they have a consumer version called Dabs.

John Lewis for their warranty.

eBuyer for their price and next day delivery.

Dixons if it's a generic item that I'd buy from Comet/PC World., as they are slightly cheaper.

Insight UK for all my gear!

I use them as I have a work account that gets super discount added and we also get free next day delivery. If the price is still higher then a quick email to my account manager usually sees the price matched + more. ;)

Last edited:
  RIP Dan
Amazon.

Funnily enough my printer died last week, emailed Amazon Monday night and they replied about 10 minutes later with auto label to print or write down the ref number as my printer was knackered. Also link to Courier to arrange to pick up printer.

They dispatched a new printer to me first class yesterday, I sorted the pick up for tomorrow. Costs me nothing at all apart from minor hassle that it broke in the first place.

My usual luck is that 80% of things I buy break fairly quickly so I am used to it. Amazon made it very easy to return.

RIP Dan
Got new printer delivered today, they took the old one to return to Amazon.

Reported it Monday evening.

Great service, although knowing my usual luck the new printer will be oos when I get the energy to set it up.

Comet or Amazon. Comet for bigger purchases. Good prices and very clear & reliable delivery date options at time of purchase. They also deliver on Sundays.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
i like richer sounds bought a 37" tv there last week good website and very helpful friendly staff in store.