ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elephant + remaps

Lotus Exige, 182
In an effort to keep everything legal following my recent JMS remap etc, I rang up elephant today to declare the modification with the expectation that they would charge me ££, I would pay it and everyone would be happy. Instead...

they informed me that their underwriting department was not prepared to cover re-maps, they could no longer cover me and would be refunding me £££ instead!

I'm not worried, I have now got a few quotes which are cheaper than I was paying elephant (including from admiral who are in the same group :S) but I just thought I should warn people that if you are with elephant, want to keep everything legal and have your car remapped, be prepared to find another insurer.

It's not much of an incentive to declare your mods...

I would have thought it would have been very unlikely for an insirance assessor to check what map you had on your ECU tbh.

Lotus Exige, 182
I agree, but I have to keep everything above board for my job. I believe it's technically fraudulent not to declare and, in a worse case scenario (e.g hit someone, leave them paralysed, insurers have huge claim against them so check absolutely everything etc), could lead to me being struck off.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
How old are you? I'm with Elephant and I could declare a remap no probs.

Lotus Exige, 182
27!

I don't mind, I was planning on leaving at renewal time anyway as they're not as cheap as some of the other providers now. Just brought it forward!

Lotus Exige, 182
Gone with greenlight in the end. Would've preferred to use Sky Insurance as they are local to me, but they were £100 more expensive in the end (thanks to Luke and his colleague for trying though!) Added bonus is the trackday cover option!