ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Embedding on the new Flickr?

Swift Sport
Anyone else think Flickr is just getting more and more crappy?

I'm currently trying to figure out how to post a picture from Flickr on another forum, but I don't appear to be able to post a BB code any more :dapprove:

Any ideas?

When viewing a picture in Flickr, click the box with an arrow pointing up to the right, click the pin to change the code type, choose your size and off you go.

Like -

13014127025_9069725bd1_z.jpg

Voila.

Swift Sport
Thanks, but I've tried both the Embed and HTML codes and neither work in the forum I'm trying to post on. It used to before it changed.

Swift Sport
Clicking on the pin worked, nice one dude thanks!

I really think Flickr has turned in the wrong direction, it's becoming more like Instagram! :(

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
The main annoyance of it for me is that when I select a size to embed on the forum it jumps back to the default 500 pixel size when I prefer 640 pixels, which was annoying when doing my BTCC thread for instance. It never used to do this, it used to remember what the last size used was.

Swift Sport
The main annoyance of it for me if that when I select a size to embed on the forum it jumps back to the default 500 pixel size when I prefer 640 pixels, which was annoying when doing my BTCC thread for instance. It never used to do this, it used to remember what the last size used was.

Yep, the whole site has become a mess.

Puts me off upgrading my camera lol.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn’t worry, they’ll see the response it gets and will make amendments I would have thought.
I hope so although from the official Flickr threads I've read, it's this way for good and the old bb style of uploading will not be coming back.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I hope so although from the official Flickr threads I've read, it's this way for good and the old bb style of uploading will not be coming back.

Yeah it’s possible, I can’t vouch for the wider response to the beta tests of the new layout we saw, but from what I’ve seen they seem to have just been ignorant and just implemented it anyway despite what people had to say lol. Hopefully something is done, other than that I like the new layout in a way, it’s now much easier to see settings and equipment used etc.

S2 106 GTI
Ive just tried doing this too but mine always comes up with my name at the bottom…. can you get rid of that? The old way was so much easier

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I have noticed a few changes back to better ways recently, I think it’s probably down to the feedback section where people are just constantly slating it.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I noticed they'd changed the embedded thing again.

I'm not sure if it's just me or if it is the same for everyone but when I embed an image on the forum the title of the image appears at the side of my image rather than underneath it - it's really frustrating.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I noticed they'd changed the embedded thing again.

I'm not sure if it's just me or if it is the same for everyone but when I embed an image on the forum the title of the image appears at the side of my image rather than underneath it - it's really frustrating.
Yup, same for me too. Have to go back to edit the post to shift the name to where it should be.