ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

emission light

skoda and audi

Today while driving the emission light was blinking on and off and then the car loses power then the light went solid orange and the car seemed to drive O.K .I rang the AA and he plugged is laptop in and the fault registered was fault p0314 (single cylinder miss fire) and p0201 (injector circuit open cylinder no 1) the AA man seemed to think the coil as gone on cylinder no 1 anyone else had this problem....

yes me. Well, i was on the carriageway one night, load of us were heading to a cruise and the toxic warning light (is that the same as emission light?) came on and flashed like mad - car lost all power and wouldnt really rev past 3k. Took me all of 5mins and a steep hill to get to 50mph. Took it to reno next day and a spark plug had given up the ghost.

Also happened one other time and Reno said it was a faulty lambda sensor - but i didnt have the de cat exhaust on back then.

Apparently it is a common prob with Renault (what isnt I hear you say!) The wifes Megane had to have a new coil pack fitted as it had failed causing the car to run on 3 cylinders. The car is only 3 years old and just out of warranty. After fitting the new coil pack runs like a dream. When the light comes on you should get to a garage asap as unburnt fuel is being sent through the cat. If you drive a fair distance chances are you could wreck the cat. Luckily for me the gas test showed that there was no lasting damage.

CLIO 197 Ultra red

ive had mine flicker before. was razzing it and mist 3rd gear. it flashed a couple of times but nowt else happened.