ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EML in idle only.

Clio
Hello everyone,

I have registered on the forum in hope of some advice.

Have a 57 plate MK3 Clio - it had what seems like a common issue of misfiring when accelerating (especially in 4th to 5th gear) with the EML coming on until you eased off the power.

Its been to a garage and they replaced the spark plugs and ignition leads - it now drives fine, no more misfiring / juddering and everything seems ok, but today (work was done yesterday) - the EML comes on when the car is in neutral / idling, but go's off once you start driving, only to come on again when you stop at some lights.

Ran it back into the garage this morning and the guy has plugged it into the diagnostics again and said its flashing because of the old errors (misfire cylinder 1) but for some reason the errors keep coming back even after they are cleared.

To stress again, the car is running better than it has for a good while and it doesn't seem to be misfiring, its not revving high when idle or anything like that.

The garage have more or less told me not to worry about it and just ignore the light, but I've got to do a decent sized drive next week and I don't want it packing in.

Just wondered if anybody had heard of anything similar?

Cheers.

dan's cast offs.
take some toilet roll to the garage and give it to the guy who looked at your car and tell him to wipe his mouth with it as he's talking compete shite!!!!