ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EML light flashing.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Just currently sat here on idle from cold. The light is permantly on anyway but it started flashing. Why?

Seem to happen around the time the thermostat opens, so took a while.

Anyway help appreciated. Thanks.

Clio 182
It could indicate another issue but mine flashes sometimes and when I check the fault code its a miss-fire detection. Mine usually does this when its at full temp and left on tick for a few mins. Turning the engine off and on gets rid of it and its fairly random. Hope this helps.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
A flashing MIL is purely telling you that what ever is wrong has the potential to damage your CAT... Normally a coil or injector fault

Mick

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Thnks both. Very very rare have I seen this light on but thought I would ask.

Thanks again.

clio 182
Mick my light also flashes, is there anyway of checking what might cause it to flash?computer reads as a 278 destrucrtive missfire?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Mick my light also flashes, is there anyway of checking what might cause it to flash?computer reads as a 278 destrucrtive missfire?

There's a few ways of checking but non of them are DIY i'm afraid as you'll need access to a minimum of a 2-channel scope and go thru each ignition coil one at a time. Flashing MIL's are **almost** always caused by faulty ignition or injection though not temperature.