ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Enclosed Induction Kits

Currently got a K&N, and I absolutely love the sound of it, but I dont think its doing me any favours when it comes to power.

Does anyone have an enclosed kit on their valver, like a viper? What sort of power gains do you get from them and how do you rate them over a K&N?

Cheers.

i had a piercross open IK on mine, ran it on a rr and hit 143, changed to a viper and hit 148. different RRs though and different conditions so you cant really use that as a very good example,lol.

i will say the viper made the car a lot smoother,more responsive at lower revs, pulled a lot better, sounded just as good, and was overall much much better.

Ive got a Viper on mine, cant hear it cos of my K-Tec zorst (but you can hear it from outside the car)

Made a nice improvement in performance, more torque lower down and a bit more power higher up.

Couldnt really ask for much more.....

Thats quite a difference!

What does a Pipercross open kit sound like? Does it sound anything like the K&N? I want the extra power, but I dont want to loose the sound I get from the K&N.

pipercross sounds much better than the K&N. its more of a roar as opposed to the K&Ns whistle. youll be heard by people 200 yards away bombing it down the road. sounds like the gates of hell are about to open up above 4k,lol

Mate, the K&N does roar loads already! Its seriously loud! Has anyone who has had/heard both do a comparison of the sounds please.

Cheers

My tests on a rolling road, enclosed kits picked up about 6bhp peak and 10bhp midrange over std application.