ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay detail..

Spent a couple of hours on my engine bay today. I used AG engine & machine cleaner and some AG vinyl & rubber care.

I sectioned parts off then sprayed some E&M and left it for 5 minutes. Then sprayed the area with water and left the engine running. After another 5 minutes I sprayed some V&R on the black parts and also used a MF to help work it in.

Pictures arnt great but to be honest I was a little dissopointed. Not sure what I was expecting but I didnt get it, I think it was because I was slightly hesitant to get electrical parts wet. Anyway it went from this..

PICT0044.jpg

To this..
PICT0047.jpg

And from this..
PICT0045.jpg

To this..
PICT0048.jpg

Any comments or tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Leon Cupra 300
Im going to be doing this. how do you hose it down cos surely water in electrics is not a good thing?!?

D

dick

i used cillit bang degreaser, its amazing. i wish i had before pics.

to finish that off m8 this is what u need to do, leave it cold then spray the bay with a fine mist of water from a spray bottle then spray in some AG Vynil & Rubber Care all over, start the car let it warm up with the bonnet shut, leave it running till fan cuts in the switch off, leave bonnet shut to keep heat in open after about 30 mins and voila! Good as new m8 guaranteed

needs AG engine cleaner or similar prior to any of the above being done for obvious reasons m8... the above will put the finishing shine to everything and dont skimp