ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay

Renaul Clio campus
Hello there
I want to clean my 2007 Clio engine bay as it is pure filth, but I am a bit worried about any of the electrical ports and some of the mechanical components and how I could prevent getting water or chemicals in to those areas?
Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Spray it with cleaner, leave for 2 minutes, jet wash off using common sense.

You'll be fine. Absolutely no need to cover anything up.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I'm with Daniel on this, as long as you use common sense you'll be fine. No need to cover things up.

Spray some citrus degreaser or similar on the areas you wish to clean. I would leave for a couple of minutes then aggitate with a brush of some sort. Then either rinse with a pressure washer if you have one or hosepipe if not. Just use common sense, avoid things like the battery, fuses, alternator and you'll have no problems.

Engines are quite resilient, remember they are pretty much outside in the elements 24/7 anyway. Just because they are under the bonnet doesn't mean they don't get wet. Condensation, puddles, rainwater all make their way into the engine compartment and don't cause havoc. So a quick, well placed blast with a pressure water will be fine.

I would also dry it under there after hosing down, but only because I like to dress the engine bay after cleaning it. You could just leave it to dry, or run the engine up to temp should do the trick.