ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bolts

2000 Clio 172
Does anyone know where I can get some replacement head bolts? one of the bolts has snapped so I need to get it drilled out and i'd like to replace all bolts when I am getting it done.
No idea why the top of the engine might have been taken off.

330i. E30 Touring.
That's a weird one. Cambelt failure at some point? Head gasket, although it's unlikely? Renault is the only place I'd by head bolts, tbh. They shouldn't be too expensive.

That's a weird one. Cambelt failure at some point? Head gasket, although it's unlikely? Renault is the only place I'd by head bolts, tbh. They shouldn't be too expensive.

lol I've paid over 100 quid for head bolts before, can't remember which one but it would either be ford or pug, so nothing special. I'm sure Renault can inflate those prices nicely.

clio 172
just make sure you torque them all in the correct seqence and to the correct torques otherwise the same might happen

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
what happens if they do break, just broke one of mine today.

is it ok to drive until i get a replacement?.

Cro

Meg'd r27
£50+ odd for the headbolts iirc . I thought they were hardened though, must have done well to break them. I probably have some about you can have for a few quid if you want

LY 182
the way you are all talking... are you defiantely talking about head bolts???

not the ones you can see under the inlet,, the 10mms that hold the cam cover on?

if a head bolt breaks,, you cant just screw another in. it all needs stripping and the head gasket done

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
its the one on the outside of the engine that attaches the inlet manifold to the main part of the engine 7 in total iirc.

was just tightening them up and maybe overtighented them a little as i was putting the head on.

Cro-Clio - Would be greatful if you have some spare ones. pm me how much you want for them if you like,

Cro

Meg'd r27
Ah ok thats not what I would call head bolts, none of those about but they are cheap as chips