ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Clicking/Tapping

Clio 1.2 1996
Hi All hope i can get some help, as my engines been tapping and im not to sure what it is, i thought from the noise it was one of the tappets, but for clarification ive recorded the engine and rev'd it up to different levels and hopefuly ill get a decent diagnostic here, links as follows:

Http://petedunsby.co.uk/car/CARENGINE.wav

Thanks in advance

Edit: the cars a 1998 R Reg 1.2 Clio Mk1 Ph3 No engine mods

vers le haut doigt milieu
May be big end but I havent herd a engine that ill, in ages hopefully someone alot more experianced will be online to help you soon.

ph2 172
sounds top end to me id say somewhere along the line of tappets, hard to say really not sure if they are suppose to be self adjusting, doubt if an oil change will do much tbh, have you been running it low on oil? also is there oil in the top of the engine?

Clio 1.2 1996
im clueless when it comes to the mechanics side of cars man, im gonna get a mechanic to come round n have a look anyway cheers for all the info guys

ClioSport 172 Cup
Have you had a good listen to see if you can tell if its coming from the cam cover?? It sounds like a Knackered or sticky hydraulic lifter. But it could also be your bottom end bearings.