ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Code

Renaultsport 172
My garage has asked me for the "engine code", not the engine number, so he can give me a more accurate quote on a cambelt change. Quick search on forums brought up BenR's post on engine codes:

"phs1 172 - F4R 730
phs2 172 & cup - F4R 736
phs3 182 - F4R 738"

Ive got a W reg (2000) 172 - can I safely assume that all W reg 172's have the same engine code and that therefore mine is F4R 730?

Or perhaps theres a database somewhere that can match your engine number to find your code?

I would have thought that the only info I would need to give my mechanic is my car model & reg no for this.

Thanks
Brad

172 cup'd extreme
some phase 1's are F4R730 some are F4R732 if you look at the front of the engine to the right of the oil filter their is a silver plaque that tells you the engine code.

Renaultsport 172
Hmm can't find it. Guess I can give them both codes, there cant be too much difference between the two for just a quote.

Its the same job on bolt engines so won't matter.

The info down on the fornt of the engine by the oil filter.