ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Cover Problem......

RB & LY 182
I was cleaning all my engine last week got it really clean.

So decided to take the engine cover off to give good clean, maybe going to do diy paint job on the RS stampted inlets av seen some nice jobs on here wid spray cans etc.

Got 3 of the screws out easy then came to the last 1 and it was that tight cudn't get it off and now ive ended up fully rounding off the screw head (ffs)

what can i do to get this sorted without damage???

Had exact same issue, tried proper screw/bolt removes etc but they didn't do it, what worked for me was to get a good big flat head screw driver and hammer it into the bolt head to make a solid deep groove then I was able to easily unscrew it with the flat head

RB & LY 182
Had exact same issue, tried proper screw/bolt removes etc but they didn't do it, what worked for me was to get a good big flat head screw driver and hammer it into the bolt head to make a solid deep groove then I was able to easily unscrew it with the flat head

yeah okay al have a go 2mra afternoon wen finished work

thank you very much

Last edited: