ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Cranks Over, But Does Not Fire...

Well, ive literally just been upto my Clio and tried the ECU on it..... does not work!

I find it hard to believe as when Adam had his original (old) loom on, we put my ECU onto it and it would not work. So I took it back to my car to check it, and it started first time. Then took it back to adams again and tried it on his which still did not work, so we got the new loom. So after taking it back to Adams car the second time it must have knackered it. Ive checked the Emulator whilst cranking with the cover off and its still getting 12v+'s etc, so I'm guessing either the ECU is completely dead (possibly from his old loom shorting it out) or the emulator board has f*cked up again, who knows!

Andrew - if I send you the emulator board would it be possible to see if its outputting (as per last time), as if it is I guess that confirms the ECU is knackered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Send me the Emulator, Adam's still works OK, it's def an ECU problem with his.

If you look at the screen dumps I did you'll see that the ECU thinks the battery voltage was 8V, it wasn't as you can see from the screen dump using my ECU. It's possible a short has blown one of the internal power supplies. I wish I had a circuit diagram for a Sirius 32 as it'd be a lot simpler to try and fault find. I might try and get keen and have a poke about, but don't hold your breath...

That would make sense, mine shows 12v on both diag systems so hopefully its just the Emulator.

Il PM you now for the address, il send the emulator tommorow.

I received Jord's ECU yesterday, the first thing I did was pop the lid off and check the emulator with an oscilloscope, it was indeed dead. I've just dropped a new emulator in and started my car up with Jord's ECU. So good news and bad.

That's 2 different problems, Adam's was the ECU, Jord's was the emulator.

Andy

Mk1 F4R
he also found the problem with mine too! :D

could i give my emulator to jord as ive got a new ecu

Last edited:
Yeah we've already discussed that, your old emulator will only work if my ECU is decoded again, as that emulator is different to my current one..