ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine cuts out in traffic

I have a 1.2 16v 2001 clio which has an annoying habit of cutting out in traffic. A light comes on in the dashboard - the immobiliser light which looks like a diesel glow plug light and a rear heater light combined. If i rev the engine it will not cut out and the light will go out after about 10 secs and then the car is ok. I phoned the dealer and as usual got the - you need to bring the car in - story. I have heard this is a comment fault. Can anyone shed any light on this.

Ta - Alan

Burgandy 174 sport t

ive heard this so many times from people on here, is no one gonna let the guy know there storys and how they got on??

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i had it with mi valver. idle speed control valve was buggered, swapped it and works fine now!

The car is due for its 36,00 mile service soon. I will put it in early and see if they are willing to fix it. Cheers

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Mine did this today!!!

2nf tiem its happened to me.

Both unexpected.

Today i pulled up in a car park to drop someone off, let them out, looked at my dash and bang, the car was off and only the ignition lights were on.

Strange dat??

wot happened?

Has

My 1.2 16v first did this not long after i got the car two year ago and i swapped keys over ( used the spare ) and got no problems till last week when it could cut out at least 3 times in half an hour. Over the weekend and today the car was fine. if you catch the yellow warning light coming up then keep yours revs up until the light goes out. My revs were fluctuating while the light was on but the enigine would not cut out at first but evently it did. If its under warranty take it to the dealer. I will be when i return from holiday.

face it, it happens to all clios...

happens randomly, for a short time after u start up ur engine, liek it aint warmed up yet.

And i reckon its the choke - old automatic choke system must be f*cked or sommet coz it dont work properly :)