ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cuts out when clutch is pressed.

Clio 2.0 sport
Last week I had the injectors cleaned out and a new throttle body on my Clio 172. The problem was every time the engine got warm the car would start revving high when idle or the revs would just drop off and engine would cut out.

When got car back Saturday it was running fine except the emissions light was constantly on. Now the light has finally gone off the engine has started cutting out again, but now it does it from cold as well.

Anyone got any ideas what’s happening?

ValverInBits
172 Phase 1 phase 2?

MAP sensor (on the side of the plenum) is not a bad suggestion. Fred says they are an identical part to the 1.2s so get yourself down the scrappys

RS clios don't do EGR (the MK2s anyways). Sounds a little extreme to be a lambda sensor but could be worth a try. perhaps a leaking inlet gasket somewhere - defo worth a check.
If it's a phase 2 could still be a throttle body issue.

Clio 2.0 sport
Yeah its an 02 plate, so phase 2. its going back into garage later so at least now i can suggest a few things as its been in 4 times already

Fiesta ST-2
Mine was stalling with the clutch pressed every now and then, had the fault read and its the lambda sensor.