ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cuts out whilst driving

Clio 182 Cup
Hi everyone, my 05 clio 182 60k is having trouble starting, it starts but occasionally it dies instantly. To add to this recently the engine has cut out whilst driving a number of times, I have noticed this to happen when braking and engaging the clutch the revs just drop and the engine cuts out. Also when braking to come to a stop at lights or junction the revs bounce from 1000 to around 1800 until it settles down to 800rpm idle speed.

Just had new battery as old one died if it's of any help.

Any ideas/info would be greatly appreciated as it's worrying to drive thinking it could cut out at any moment!

Clio 182 Track Car
Depending on your mechanical skill level will depend on what checks you can carry out.
First and easiest thing to check for would be air leaks

Check the line that goes too the carbon canister, mine worked loose and caused my revs too rise and drop, also it used too cut out randomly.

Titanium 182 FF
Maybe TDC sensor? had this problem on my old 1.2 and cleaned the grime off the sensor and it stopped.