ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine cutting out again.... FML

Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Hi guys,

I have previously asked for your advice on this matter. But here we go again....

quick overview -

My car would not start at all after parking it up for the weekend... i got told it was the tdc sensor. Got that fixed and everything was ok.

Then my engine started juddering and jumping while accelerating in the wet a month or two after. My sunroof was leaking at the time. So I fixed that. The jumping and cutting out stopped!!

It started again about 3-4 weeks after. I cleaned put the throttle body and butterfly valve. Again it stopped. This time about 6-8 weeks.

Stared the car up this morning and it kept cutting out. It was idling stupidly high then it would either drop to between 500 and 1000 or fluctuate abit. As I tap the accelerator it would die. I'd have to restart the car a few times so when I did pull off it wouldn't cut out. Driving down the road the juddering came back and I had to pull over as the engine died.

I thought it was low on fuel so put 35 quids worth in after work but still cut out as I pulled into my street.

My questions are...

will it be the fuel pump?
Will it be the coil pack (pencil)?
Will it be the ecu cage that cuts the wires and shorts it?

Or is it something else?

Thanks guys!!