ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine doesn't sound right

Range Rover sport 4.2 S/C
Well today i started the Engine and it keeps going under tickover has if its going to stall, it stays around 500 revs

Also when im driving it at highrevs it sounds very rough like its misfiring or something and theres harldy any power there its like driving a tank :S

Is it just the spark plugs or can it be worse ?

Leon Cupra R 225
could be the coil pack maybe or lambda sensor, these are common I think but don't bank on one of those. diagnostics check at garage usually best way to pinpoint it

Thanks for the quick reply

will take it to the garage on monday hope it isn't nothing serious :S

Leon Cupra R 225
no probs, was just browsing recent threads and I had a v.similar problem with my 1.2 Mk2, revving all over the place, wanting to stall on me, and eventually cutting out regularly. pretty sure this was the coil pack which was replaced under warranty. just hope it's not an ecu unit as these can be costly if not under warranty :(

hope it gets sorted mate

Just got the diagnostics check done today and its the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor

Gonna get a new one fitted tomorrow how much are they new ?

Ok thanks

Is it worth getting one from a scrap yard or will it just go quick again ?

Is it true that the ecu needs to be programed when a new map sensor gets put in ?

Or is the garage having me on

My problem got sorted today finally :) it was a split coil pack that was earthing , even tho the diag check said map sensor which i wasnt happy about cause they charged me for that to , i was lucky tho* i got the map sensor for free :)