ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Dressing....thingy...shiney!

No more clio's for me!
Like the magpie that i am, where do you get these shiney things from? I quite like them and they'd look good with the carbon cover?

59660-4.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
fred will do it on an exchange basis. or you could take yours to a local machine polisher.

It can certainly be done at home, a machine would be better, but elbow grease would work.

My dad once polished his whole motorbike frame by hand. It took him weeks, but the result was brilliant.

I think he just used loads of different grades of wet&dry sand paper to do his.

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172
Can you polish the dynamique manifold as I'd like my engine cover colour coded (black) but would'nt look right with the black manifold???

Golf R/Leon FR
ive done my inlet manifold on my 172, all by hand took me about 3 days to do it but well worth it.

106 GTi
It will save you lots of work getting it done by a local metal polisher, but as said can be done by hand wth various grades of wet and dry papers and metal polish. You can get mop attachments for power drills to help speed things up.

Some here www.frost.co.uk

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
richard691 said:
Can you polish the dynamique manifold as I'd like my engine cover colour coded (black) but would'nt look right with the black manifold???

are you talking about the inlet manifold, its plastic is it not? lol

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172
Martin_89 said:
are you talking about the inlet manifold, its plastic is it not? lol

Yeah I thought it was metal, havent had a good look really. So is it a plastic cover that I could take off or not?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Very good Fred :clown:

Just get the engine cover airbrushed then? like boydie did with his - a real minter :approve:

should be able to get all those fine scratches out with a decent buffing wheel and plenty of metal polish..

Valver..
elbow grease m8 and plently of it.... well be more pleased if ya do it ya self!!! :D :D couple days work and it will look pucker!! :D :D

Clio 172
clio head said:
elbow grease m8 and plently of it.... well be more pleased if ya do it ya self!!! :D :D couple days work and it will look pucker!! :D :D

Bloody students. Get a job and pay a professional to do a professional job. :eek: