ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine emissions light help!!!

MKV GTI
Hi,

Had my RB 182 cup for 4 months now and decided to fit a ktec ultra cat back exhaust system and ktec sports cat this was fitted 2 weeks ago. On the way to work today my engine emissions light flashed up and hasnt gone off since just wondering wether this is a lambda sensor fault or just the fact that its a new system and needs to be bedded in?

Another theory is that the light may be my service light although this would be flashing up 2 months early as my service is due in jan and i dont know wat the service light looks like as i havnt had the car long enough for it to be serviced in my ownership???

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys! :)

MKV GTI
I know that the light comes on if a decats fitted but iv got a sports cat and the light should not come on it hasnt come on in 2 weeks since fitting the exhaust only just come on today :S

Mini JCW
I know that the light comes on if a decats fitted but iv got a sports cat and the light should not come on it hasnt come on in 2 weeks since fitting the exhaust only just come on today :S

If you search the site for sports cats, you will see people who have fitted them have the same problem - emissions light appears, and the chances of your car passing its mot with the sports cat fitted are very slim unless the cat is ultra hot.

I was always under the impression the 182 possesses a free flowing 200 cell cat anyway, so a sports cat seems a bit of a waste of money imo :(

MKV GTI
FFS lol! I only bought the sports cat instead of a d cat to save swapping over come MOT time! Might have to buy a de cat then if i need to swap the sports cat at mot time anyway

I thought it would pass an MOT though?!:S

Mini JCW
When I was researching buying a sports cat (I bought a silenced decat in the end), it seems unless the cat is super hot its not going to pass the MOT.

Civic Type S GT
Solution if you want the ktec cat, go to Westgate tyres in morecambe and let them have a look at it, they'll get it on the computer and cancel it.