ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine emissions light help!!!

MKV GTI
Hi,

Had my RB 182 cup for 4 months now and decided to fit a ktec ultra cat back exhaust system and ktec sports cat this was fitted 2 weeks ago. On the way to work today my engine emissions light flashed up and hasnt gone off since just wondering wether this is a lambda sensor fault or just the fact that its a new system and needs to be bedded in?

Another theory is that the light may be my service light although this would be flashing up 2 months early as my service is due in jan and i dont know wat the service light looks like as i havnt had the car long enough for it to be serviced in my ownership???

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys! :)

MKV GTI
I know that the light comes on if a decats fitted but iv got a sports cat and the light should not come on it hasnt come on in 2 weeks since fitting the exhaust only just come on today :S

Mini JCW
I know that the light comes on if a decats fitted but iv got a sports cat and the light should not come on it hasnt come on in 2 weeks since fitting the exhaust only just come on today :S

If you search the site for sports cats, you will see people who have fitted them have the same problem - emissions light appears, and the chances of your car passing its mot with the sports cat fitted are very slim unless the cat is ultra hot.

I was always under the impression the 182 possesses a free flowing 200 cell cat anyway, so a sports cat seems a bit of a waste of money imo :(

MKV GTI
FFS lol! I only bought the sports cat instead of a d cat to save swapping over come MOT time! Might have to buy a de cat then if i need to swap the sports cat at mot time anyway

I thought it would pass an MOT though?!:S

Mini JCW
When I was researching buying a sports cat (I bought a silenced decat in the end), it seems unless the cat is super hot its not going to pass the MOT.

Civic Type S GT
Solution if you want the ktec cat, go to Westgate tyres in morecambe and let them have a look at it, they'll get it on the computer and cancel it.