ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine feels different after fitting new top engine mount and powerflex insert

RS182 Full Fat
i was having trouble locating gear at high revs when changing. Changed engine mounts that were broken ..upper gear box first- ran fine, then new top engine mount and with powerflex insert . Since doing the top engine mount and PF insert my gear change problem all sorted brilliant. But i notice i get vibration which i don't mind as expected from the insert, and more engine noise- which I like. BUT, one characteristic i have noticed unless I'm imagining it is you can't blip the throttle like before as It holds onto the revs for too long before dropping back down. I am wandering if i might have damaged something when changing the the top engine mount??.. because when i undid the bolts the engine dropped around an inch and half as I didn't have it supported enough from underneath. I only noticed when i came to putting the bolds back- I had to raise the engine with trolley jack to get it level again. Now wandering if noise and vibration is due to my breaking something. Or is there any other reason the engine doesn't seem as free revving now? Thanks for any suggestions.

BG Clio 182
i was having trouble locating gear at high revs when changing. Changed engine mounts that were broken ..upper gear box first- ran fine, then new top engine mount and with powerflex insert . Since doing the top engine mount and PF insert my gear change problem all sorted brilliant. But i notice i get vibration which i don't mind as expected from the insert, and more engine noise- which I like. BUT, one characteristic i have noticed unless I'm imagining it is you can't blip the throttle like before as It holds onto the revs for too long before dropping back down. I am wandering if i might have damaged something when changing the the top engine mount??.. because when i undid the bolts the engine dropped around an inch and half as I didn't have it supported enough from underneath. I only noticed when i came to putting the bolds back- I had to raise the engine with trolley jack to get it level again. Now wandering if noise and vibration is due to my breaking something. Or is there any other reason the engine doesn't seem as free revving now? Thanks for any suggestions.
You haven't broken anything stop worrying.

It could just be you've gotten used to it being a certain way and now it's a changed it feels odd.

Did you put the dogbone in the correct way? Any pictures of the mounts in situe that you've fitted?

BG Clio 182
Noise and vibrations is part of the new mounts. Let them bed in for a thousand miles or so. It could be that perhaps inadvertently the throttle body needs a clean if it's sticking perhaps.

The flywheels on these don't seem to hang onto the revs for too long to be honest, so they're normally very free revving and highly responsive

172 cup
Where did you buy your top from (one that sit in the power flex) Was going to add my powerflex into mine but it look quite worn so may as well change that too. Renault by me wants £100! Sounds a bit steep to me.

RS182 Full Fat
Where did you buy your top from (one that sit in the power flex) Was going to add my powerflex into mine but it look quite worn so may as well change that too. Renault by me wants £100! Sounds a bit steep to me.
u can get genuine renualt one here for 90 quid:
http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-clio-182-engine-mount-os/
Or u can get non genuine ones on ebay from 35ish. Usually people say get genuine parts but renault made these s**t anyway.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Renau...054397?hash=item3cfd15127d:g:aY4AAOSwPcVVwhHg
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-S...+Sport&hash=item1c5cb0e0af:g:nTAAAOSwhkRWesIa