ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine flush after 2 years?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I haven't changed the oil in my car for 2 years due to poverty, (not good I know but in the last year eating was more important)
it was all I could do to keep the damn thing on the road, but i've got a new job now and can sort the car out properly once again.

It's been 2 years since the last oil change but in that time the car's only done around 7k miles,
i'm about to do an oil change and wondering if engine flush was a good idea?

I've read previous post and opinions are mixed, i've used engine flush before with no problems but i'm now worried about dislodging crap that might have built up over the last 2 years.

So should I stick a can in or just get the oil hot and do it normally?
(Resident mechanics opinions would be helpful)

RS 182 CUP
i wouldnt be too fussed about dislodging any carbon deposits, as long as your engine had regular changes before the two years i dont see a problem

RS 182 CUP
tell me about it, i need a rear H and R shock (£115) but just had a baby so priority's have changed.

just make sure you use decent filter too

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Just watch out when he get's older, your Mrs might want you to get a bigger (more practical) car, just happened to a lad I know on here,
although he's managed to convince her that a Meg 225 is a good idea.

53 Clio's & counting
Dont bother with flush, noot needed, and most have stuff in that cause more harm than good.

Fill it up with fresh oil, let it get warm, then drop that oil and put in some decent 5w40 if you are really worried -it will be fine

340i
Don't bother with engine flush... just warm the car up, drop the oil and throw in some fresh 5w40 with a new filter.

Jobs a gud' un'