ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine hesitation valver? Help!

Petrol Blue 182.
after ive given the car a quick run, the engine starts to hesitate when im driving at a constant speed? its almost as if the engines stalling whilst driving, realy jolty, any one know of this problem?

i recently had the same problem twice on my valver just before i sold it. what was happening was the rocker cover gasket had corroded and oil was in all four of the spark plug wells!!! after syringing it out and wiping the area and spark plugs/ht leads it was fine.... and also check your rotor arm and dizzy cap for any kind of dampness and wear to the contacts this also caused the same problem. just replaced them both and was fine. hope you sort it out mate.....:(

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm having the same problem with my williams mate.

So far i've replaced the plugs/leads/rotorarm/dizzy cap and lambda so all thats left now is the map sensor.

Petrol Blue 182.
ooooot oh! this shiz expensive daniel? there is an oil leak somewhere, and i think it could well be the rockercover gaskit!