ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Idleing

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
Evening all,

As stated over here somewhere <----- I own a 1995 1.8 Rsi, which I bought recently.

The other day just after I started my journey to work, I stopped at a junction waiting for my gap to pull out, and I notice that my rev counter was going up and down around the 1 mark ( or 1000 or whatever the hell it is :)) so much that it was nearly stalling then it would bounce back up higher and drop again etc etc. I mean its all fine and it runs ok, im just sure it shouldnt do that. At first I thought it might be the automatic choke, and I havent looked into it yet, but I just thought I would ask your thoughts on the problem first.

Cheers, and thanks in advance for any help.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
have a go at cleaning the throtle body out can get dirty and make it idle funny . Sure the other boys will tell you what it is

Alan

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
Ok I cleaned out the idle control valve and the car is idleing much better now. But it still is a bit doggy. Inside the icv it was still a bit stiff, just wondering is it safe to spary some wd40 inside to loosen it up a bit better?

Cheers

Mk1 16v
Also have the same problem even though i have changed the idle control valve :s

anything else it could be?

Rich.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
main problems are icv's and throttle bodies..

check your plugs and leads too, check air filter isn't clogged.