ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine issues, advice?

Clio, RX8.
Evening guys,
New to the forum, ive just spent over an hour searching through threads looking for answers but its a pain in the arse on my phone so hope its ok posting. I'm a mechanic myself, already taken on and completed a few decent sized project (including a turbo ka :tongueclosed:) but i need a bit of advice. Ive picked up a 182 cheap, from what i can tell its a ph3 (reg is fa05 knu) with engine code F4r 738?

Got it cheap since it was rattling a fair bit, i stripped it down a bit to find the dephaser pretty knackered, and the cam box and cams badly scored. It looks like its been suffering some low oil problems. Anyways, to avoid any issues i'd rather not rebuild it and just fire another lump into it and use it as a daily driver for a while since i quite like how these handle, but all i can really find are F4R 736 engines. are they compatible? i dont mind having to strip all the ancilleries off and swap things over as long as i know that everything will definitly bolt together.

second thing, the dephaser will need changed, i remember doing one in a clio a few years back and it was only the pin and the D-shaped bar i had and it was fine, but ive seen in another thread another plate is needed?

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/sidewaysdanny/46afbe7c.jpg

what does this do?

thanks for any help folks.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Hi mate. First off it's a mk2 ;).

I personally recomend finding a second hand engine on here with the belts done. You need to be a member (£12) to access for sale and the wanted sections.

Hope this helps :)

Clio, RX8.
Hi mate. First off it's a mk2 :wink:.

I personally recomend finding a second hand engine on here with the belts done. You need to be a member (£12) to access for sale and the wanted sections.

Hope this helps :smile:
Thanks for the reply mate, i was told its a mk2 ph3, apparently a face lift model or something? never really been into french cars so not entirely sure 😂
I wouldnt mind doing that if i was keeping the car for myself and hanging about, but im pretty sure you boys will all take care of your cars and be looking for strong money for parts, whereas theres a load of breakers near by that are pretty cheap. I hope that doesnt come across sounding shitty but im looking to be spending as little as possible on an engine and i get parts at trade prices. Its just some advice on what exactly will fit and what wont :up:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can you quote

Mk2.456 and let me know what they say? :)

Just a mk2. Renparts on here are good for stuff. But tbh sign up stick a wanted post up and jobs a gud un