ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine knocking noise

53' 172 Cup
the knock comes when i pull away and brake quite hard, doesnt matter wot gear im in etc. If i brake hard it knocks then if i brake again it doesnt - im assuming that means the engine mount/bushing needs adjusting or changing....can someone shed some light on this for me please cos its really bugging me!

one of the engine mounts , most likely the one under the battery ,know as the gearbox mount does have the tendancy to work loose or bolt will snap .

luckily mine only worked loose .

53' 172 Cup
so take out the battery and check the bolt on the mount? is it a case of simply tightening it if its loose or do i need to get a new bushing or anything?

so take out the battery and check the bolt on the mount? is it a case of simply tightening it if its loose or do i need to get a new bushing or anything?

iirc nick at hillpower just tightened it back up .....good as gold ever since :approve: