ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine light on dash has come on

ph1 172
I was putting my cat back on for it's MOT when I decided to remove the acoustic valve and carbon canister. I removed both of these, bunged up the pipes with bolts and wrapped the plugs in electricians tape.
Then I fitted my cat, started the engine and inspected for leaks. Straight away I realised I'd forgot to screw the second lambda sensor from the manifold in. I stopped the engine and did this and noticed upon restarting, the engine fault light was on (bottom right corner).
Now I'm just wondering if its possible for the acoustic valve or carbon canister to cause this? As I didn't think they could.
And I dont see how leaving the lambda sensor out would cause this. :S
Help appretiated.

Ali

clio 182 (fp04zgh)
the oxygen sensors (lambda) take very little to break the element inside if you have knocked or banged it, or sometimes when the ecu recieves two very different results in quick succession it will see that as a fault.. i.e starting it with it out then strait away with it in. try disconnecting the battery for ten mins that will reset your parameters, if it comes back on u may need a sensor

Megane dci 130
I dont get why people just remove important bits off their car and expect the light not to come on.

ph1 172
Jog on sheperdspie. I was after advice on the problem not you opinion on removing parts. :rolleyes:

Thanks jayuk though I'll give that a try.