ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management Fault

Clio 197 08
I have a '03 Clio 1.5 Diesel, went to start the car the other day, the4 engine would turn over but would not start. The engine management light was flashing.

I put a booster charger on the battery, it started and ran for a few minutes and then cut again, when i tried restarting it had the same issue as mentioned above. Tried it again the next day and it started fine

Any ideas........?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Honestly, there's so many things I could take a stab guessing at like it could just be the cold has taken the life out of the battery, the cold start relay not working, glow plugs, diesel pressure sensor playing silly buggers or it cold even be the cold has caused the rubber leak off pipes to harden and allow air in to the fuel system. K9K's are super sensitive to low voltage issues that cause non-start conditions due to the +5v "ring" that the sensor array uses... if one plays up they all appear to play up! Deffo sounds temperature related to me mind but problems with diesels aren't always as easy to find as they are on petrols so it really needs a diagnostic to say for sure what has put the MIL on and go from there.

Mick