ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine management light on AFTER de-cat removed

1eight2
Removed my de-cat for MOT purposes and the EML is still on, occasionally it flashes.

Should this turn off by itself or is it a mechanic with a diagnostics tool job?

Thanks guys

Clio 182 FF
My light is on constantly but it has never flashed.I have also reset it but will come back on after a certain time so not much point having it reset unless your putting the cat back on for MOT

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Just disconnect the battery for an hour or so (overnight if needs be) and it should wipe the fault codes

1eight2
NickOliver182 - I have refitted the cat for my MOT but planning on leaving it off for now.

jjones82 - i'll try that tonight, don't fancy forking out £40 i've been quoted for a diag check to remove a light!

Flame Red Clio 172
very old thread i know.. but did you get to the bottom of this? i'm in the same situation. thanks!

Pretty sure it'll go off eventually by itself. However I turned it off with my RS Tuner as I changed back to my CAT a week before the MOT but it still hadn't turned off when my MOT came up.