ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine management light on

clio 172
Hi guys, i sent my car into have the timing belt done in a mates garage on friday. when i got the car back yest all was fine but after about an hr the engine management light came on, i have plugged the car into my laptop and it is givin me a fault P0443 and description is evaporative emission system purge control valve circuit. Now im not really clued up on these things as im a plant fitter so car codes and things dont mean a lot to me, anyone know what this is? any help would be great. Thanks Adam :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sorry to go off topic a bit, where would you get somthing like that to plug into your laptop? Where would i get such an application?

could maybe be an Oxygen sensory fault?

clio 172
i did put a link into another thread the other day but i had mine offline from a site called www.talktomycar.co.uk cost me about 45 quid. its nothing special but it reads fault codes, gives u some live data from the car and there are several other things on the disk but iv neva rele looked at that.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I suppose the equipment is useless unless you have the diagnostic book that tells you what the codes are and what the fixes for it are?

I phoned renault when i got a code that came up and it said "un-documented code" so i phoned renault and they wouldnt tell me what it is the priicks

clio 172
ye a book is rele what you need 2 go with it all but it still givs u some sort of idea as what some things are.