ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management light

Clio 182
Going to work this morning, about 1mile from leaving my house the engine mangement light has come on (orange light on RHS of the clocks).
I pulled over, but the car was idling/reving fine and wasnt in any type of limp mode so i slowly carried on.
I managed to get to work and back today but the light is still on.

i have tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it but no luck.

Tried a search but most say the car has gone into a limp mode, mine hasnt (yet). Any body any ideas of what it could be and a way to tell what it is/isnt?

Thanks

53' 172 Cup
get a diagnostics reader and see what it says. prob js as the fella above said tho. it will still run fine with the lambda sensor showing a fault but get it check out

Clio 182
Which is the best diagnostic reader is the best to go for?

Or would it be better to find out what it is another way and then to replace the part and let the light switch itself off?

Clio 182
Any volunteers in the north west who have a hand held diagnostic reader who would be willing to meet to help me with this problem?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
my pal had this on his clio... in the end it went off on its own. never got to bottom of it :S