ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine management light

This came on a few days ago, and so i got my mums boyfriend to take it to his friend who could plug it in. Turns out its a faulty lambda sensor, and have been told for my 182 05 its going to cost ~£85 for the sensor and then £30 for him plugging it into the laptop. Does this sound about right or am i being taken advantage of?

He turned the light off and then said he would fit the new sensor in a few days, so ive decided to get some advice before he fits the new sensor. The light has been off and remained off for the last 2 days.

Does the lambda sensor need replacing, is it important to get fixed if i need an MOT at the end of the month? would it fail based on a faulty lambda sensor? does the quoted price of £120 sound about right for the sensor and fitting of it along with plugging it in the laptop diagnose the problem?

Thanks,
lucy :rasp:

Did he say if it was the pre cat or post cat lambda sensor? Pre cat one is important because it controls fuelling and will cause it to fail the mot. Sensor is about right i think you can get them a bit cheaper but don't know if the cheaper sensors are the proper Bosch ones. 30£ for a diagnostic check is alright. Overall price is not bad imo.