ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine management light

clio 172
Hi guys so when I got my 172 it had already had a remap and the CAT removed. Iv got an engine management light on and I'm told the car thinks the CATS had it but it obviously isn't there. I'm also told this can be mapped out so I'm hoping someone knows somebody who can take care of it for me ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It can be mapped out, but who told you the car thinks it has a cat?

Don't say the car.

Lol.

clio 172
My bad the ECU [emoji6] do you know who can do it iv bean quoted £150 but that seems steep for a light ?

Udder Nonce

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Where is the 2nd lambda? Mines in my decat and I have no EML. It's most likely though that this is causing the EML however it could just be dodgy itself. Get it live read on the 2nd lambda to see what voltage it's getting. I changed mine as it was reading a lower voltage thus thinking the cats not performing. Changed the lambda for a cheap shitty one that reads at the right voltage and no problems.

Rs tuner can also map out the EML if it's from the decat however maybe take it to efi or similar

clio 172
Where is the 2nd lambda? Mines in my decat and I have no EML. It's most likely though that this is causing the EML however it could just be dodgy itself. Get it live read on the 2nd lambda to see what voltage it's getting. I changed mine as it was reading a lower voltage thus thinking the cats not performing. Changed the lambda for a cheap shitty one that reads at the right voltage and no problems.

Rs tuner can also map out the EML if it's from the decat however maybe take it to efi or similar
Hi mate sorry what do you mean by live read ?