ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ENGINE MANAGMENT LIGHT/ELECTRICAL FAULT

172 with k-tec sound
hi guys, was driving along a couple of days ago (during the bad weather), when all of a sudden the engine managment/electrical fault light came on, the car cut out , i pulled into the side of the road, it restarted fine i drove along a bit it was trying to stall at every junction with this light still on, it cut out again on the way home, so i popped the bonnet and could hear a very distinctive clicking sound coming from behind the drivers side headlight above the wheel arch. the car is now fine it hasnt done it for three days now no light nothing, apart from it now hesitates in low revs in first and second, but is fine above 1000rpm, it isnt trying to stall so i cant work out what is wrong, it almost like it bunny hops n then accelarates, but as i say once you get above 1000 is smooth as a babys bum. weird! what can it be.
Had it on a diagnostic but it hasent got any faults showing. :mad:

Focus RS mk1
not sure on the 1.2s but i think on the 172s they sometimes need draining, not sure what its purpose is lol. im not very helpful am i lmao