ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mounts

clio 172
Hi there im new to this site.

Ive just bought a 53 plate 172, and when you accelerate hard in first gear there is a knocking noise, ive read somewere that the clio sports are known for weak engine mounts causing the manifold to knock against the subframe, Has anyone on this site had this problem? A gargage gave the car a full once over and did not find anything wroong with ie not broken. Would replacing the engine mounts solve this problem and if so does anybody know the approximate cost?

Thanks

Olly

RS RIP
Hi, yes it's very common. I just changed mine again (mine's done 70k+).
There's a trick to keep the knocking to a minimal; loosen the driverside bolts of the top mount and pull the engine as far forward as you can and tighten back up.

Changing the mounts all round will cost around 170 pounds without labour

clio 172
Thanks thats usefull, on k tec racings website the engine mounts are listed at about £5 each i think, is it an easy job to do yourself? How many mounts are there? Is the knocking damaging the car at all?

There are four mounts in all; Euro Car Parts keep a couple of them (including the top mount) and are cheaper than KTEC, so you can save a little there.

Lots of Alfas
Before you try replacing them try adjusting the top drivers side mount forward first. Do a search for the guide.