ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine popping

GTD, Lupo
My car has done about 8k now and im noticing that after the car has warmed up there is a small popping coming from the exhaust (Kinda puffing noise and a puff of exhaust each time :D ) when idle.

On old cars i have had this was due to a missfire or the fact they were old but should a near new car be doing this or do i have a missfire?

Back to the garage if i do.

Gorms

Clio 200 Black and White
My 200 does this as well. It's only 500 miles old now and I've not been above 4000rpm yet but even below that there's a nice popping sound on gearchanges and throttle blips.

If your's is the same noise, it's nothing to worry about, just an awesome part of the engine / exhaust note!

Never heard an R53 Mini Cooper S??

Sure it's not just the famous Clio idle you're experiencing? All did they sort this for the 200?

GTD, Lupo
Sure it's not just the famous Clio idle you're experiencing? All did they sort this for the 200?

They say they have fixed it but its still not the best. When cold if you drive off and keep the throttle in the same place the car changes speed a lot and jumps around.

Gorms

Sounds exactly like what my 172 does when cold, from what I've read on here all of them do it.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
looks like renault still haven't sorted the problem, sounds like it's just normal!

JB

RB 182 Cup
Is it not just the ecu sending as little fuel to the engine as possible when idling and so when it's about to cut out a bit more fuel is squirted into the cylinders?

Might be absolute b/s I'm sure I read it on here somewhere :S