ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine problem

Ive got a 1.2 16v dynamique - when still the engine seems to rev its self - but rev counter doesnt move, its like im lifting the clutch so car moves only a tiny amount - its a bit hard to explain!

ANyway whats im asking if anyone else gets this, or if you know what the problem is?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rorrie

he means the idle speed is going up and down. According to renault they are built that way. The engine has instabilities that causes the idel speed to go up and down - there is noting wrong with your engine (this is what it said on some technical documents!) unless there is a major change which would point to a faulty automatic choke.

VaVa

My missus has a 1.2 16v Dyna, and hers does is exactly the same. I know what you mean about it being hard to describe. The tickover is sort of lumpy took it back to renault and they said pretty much what cliopower said, its basically a feature of the 1.2 16v

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

unfortunatly renault state that a slight instability at idle is a characteristic of the engine.they apply it for all new 16v petrol engines

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 17 November 2003

unfortunatly renault state that a slight instability at idle is a characteristic of the engine.they apply it for all new 16v petrol engines
I can now confirm this, i posted this a lil while ago but no one knew. After a lot of trips to renault, and even the car being left over night so they cud test it in the mornign with the car wired up led them to find nothing wrong with the car.

It is simply put down to characteristic of the car, some 1.2 dynamiques do thsi more then others, mine usually does it on a cold start, but then goes away after 5 mins of driving or less.

Has