ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine problems - disintegrated piston

Clio 182
Hi. New to the forum so hoping you may be able to give me some help/advice with my newly purchased Clio 182 '04. Having stripped down the engine I have found that no 2 piston no longer exists - totally disintegrated and damage to the cylinder walls. The head may be reusable so I am thinking I need another block. Has anyone got one or is it possible to use a F4R block from something else (as 182 blocks/engines seem in short supply. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Best bet is to post up a wanted thread for a replacement engine. Engines are fairly easy to come by.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
It really isn't worth trying to rebuild a damaged F4R if it's standard, just speak to one of the breakers (i.e.Tim Finch) and get one delivered on a pallet probably around the £300 mark.
Rich

dan's cast offs.
you'll probably find the head is scrap as well.

i'm guessing it looks something like this :tongueclosed:

BURGESS PISTON.jpg

Clio 182
Exactly like that. Seems to be a problem with this engine - I came across another post with exactly the same problem. The cam belt was still intact so any idea what might have caused such a catastrophic failure? I have taken your advice (pretty unanimous) and am on the lookout for another engine. Thanks for your thoughts on this one

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Exactly like that. Seems to be a problem with this engine - I came across another post with exactly the same problem. The cam belt was still intact so any idea what might have caused such a catastrophic failure? I have taken your advice (pretty unanimous) and am on the lookout for another engine. Thanks for your thoughts on this one

I will have my 172 Cup engine for sale in the next few days. 122,000 full service history.
Belt/dephaser need doing. Genuine/untouched engine. No gasket leaks or anything.