ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine rebuild advice

182 track weapon
Right I've hed my head and inlets matched valve cut back and opened its a monster of a head lol . But now I've got a oil leak so I'm thinking to rebuild the bottom end before cos if something decides to let got my 600 quid head is long gone lol. So to build a stronger bottom end I'm thinking goin for the forge pistons out of a 225 and crank I no its turbo but I'm thinking it's stronger I'll get it lightened and balanced too.if got throttle body's for it too .so any advice on building a beast of a bottom end would be great thanx.

225 Cup & Williams
Pistons out the rs megane aren't forged. Why not go for actual forged pistons & rods? Depends on your budget right enough.

182 track weapon
I thought they would be as its turbo I'd go forged but just wanted to see if I could get a cheaper option if I could

Depends on your budget. Do you have updated cams in your head? I guess you could strip the bottom end, chemical dip it, deck the block (take into account comp ratio and cam/piston clearance) and refit standard rods and pistons with arp bolts. That would be a cheap standard rebuild. Or go mad and fully forge it, lighten and knife edge the crank and then with your flowed head stick some ITBs for a decent bhp

182 track weapon
Depends on your budget. Do you have updated cams in your head? I guess you could strip the bottom end, chemical dip it, deck the block (take into account comp ratio and cam/piston clearance) and refit standard rods and pistons with arp bolts. That would be a cheap standard rebuild. Or go mad and fully forge it, lighten and knife edge the crank and then with your flowed head stick some ITBs for a decent bhp
Yer I got cat cams and a map from ktec do it goes well I'm thinking forge but it down to price rele

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You sound like you have utterly no idea at all how to spec an engine, and are just picking random bits to throw together, if you put megane turbo pistons into a throttle body motor it will be no stronger but will make far less power due to the drop in CR.

I think you should just start a thread with an idea of budget and vaguely what you want (ie N/A or turbo etc) and get some advice from those of us that do understand how engines work rather than just guessing your way through throwing random parts at it that dont go together well.

Otherwise you are going to waste a LOT of money.

172 cup, Impreza P1
You sound like you have utterly no idea at all how to spec an engine, and are just picking random bits to throw together, if you put megane turbo pistons into a throttle body motor it will be no stronger but will make far less power due to the drop in CR.

I think you should just start a thread with an idea of budget and vaguely what you want (ie N/A or turbo etc) and get some advice from those of us that do understand how engines work rather than just guessing your way through throwing random parts at it that dont go together well.

Otherwise you are going to waste a LOT of money.

Wise words! :clap:

172 cup
it ent i ent got a clue its just i thought megane turbo pistons would be cheaper to buy

Bit of a contradiction, as anyone who even knew slightly would know turbo pistons are low comp so no good for an N/A engine. What's your budget, as there is no point trying to do a rebuilt on the cheap = asking for trouble.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
it ent i ent got a clue its just i thought megane turbo pistons would be cheaper to buy

Even cheaper than megane turbo pistons are 172 pistons. And they are just as strong and make more power.
If you want a cheap n/a engine leave it standard and add some rod bolts and cams and a decent inlet such as throttle bodies.