ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine removal

Clio 182 ff
Well i blew my engine yesterday at castle combe yesterday

So any tips on removing it and any tips for future mods once out
Its my road going track car

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
out the top. arp rod bolts and oil pump pressure relief valve mod on new engine.

What is the oil pressure relief valve mod please? Just having an engine built for my track car and have arp rod bolts and oil cooler on the way. Will do this too if it's a good idea.

Take it standard engine is more than up to regular track day use? Just want reliability really. Not chasing figures as more than happy with how it goes.........at the moment anyway!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
What is the oil pressure relief valve mod please? Just having an engine built for my track car and have arp rod bolts and oil cooler on the way. Will do this too if it's a good idea.

Take it standard engine is more than up to regular track day use? Just want reliability really. Not chasing figures as more than happy with how it goes.........at the moment anyway!

Stick some Supertech valves in if you want reliability and safety near the limiter.

dan's cast offs.
take the bung out of the bottom of the pump, cut another groove half as deep at a right angle to the original one, lolish the actual plunger up as well to get rid of any sharp edges around the groove.

it will make sense when you see the bits.