ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine running rough

Clio 182ff
My 182 has been running quite rough on a couple of occasions over the past 2 weeks. I had it serviced last week and the problem is back again today, when slowing down in 1st or 2nd gear it starts to kangaroo quite badly, also when idleing it runs really rough, like she may stall at any moment!

Any idea's, i aint no mechanic but an idea of the problem/solution would be a great help.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Mine wasnt great on idle. Exhaust was knackered (middle box). Now stainless system helped alot. Also cleanned the throttle body today and seems even better now, thanks to a thread i read a couple of days ago about the cleannig - works suprisingly well! Its also alot smoother in low gears too, mine was especially bad when cold

Clio 182ff
Mine wasnt great on idle. Exhaust was knackered (middle box). Now stainless system helped alot. Also cleanned the throttle body today and seems even better now, thanks to a thread i read a couple of days ago about the cleannig - works suprisingly well! Its also alot smoother in low gears too, mine was especially bad when cold

Thanks for the reply mate, My exhaust is fairly new but ill check it out soonest! Did you clean the throttle body yourself? Like i said before i aint no mechanic so i dont even know if i could do that myself.

She's been running ok today, i do quite a lot of motorway driving so i a break down is on its way id much prefer to try and avoid it...!

Thanks again

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Yeah just did it myself, im no mechanic either. Just take the air pipe off the boddie and then its just 4 bolts to take it off. Just clean it with some degreaser, i used mr muscle - seems fine (and lemon fresh lol)