ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine sound a bit louder/deeper? How?

BMW E46 and E36
I have a Dynamique 1.2 16v, don't know a huge amount about cars and don't have a huge amount of money at the moment...

My car is pretty much standard at the moment and i want the engine to sound a bit louder or deeper but i'm not fussed about performance at all because i know it's only a 1.2 and whatever i do it'll still be slow. Is there a cheap(ish) way of doing this? Because i don't really want to change the exhaust at the moment as it's more expensive.

The other option would be an induction kit (which i hardly know anything about). Does this make the engine louder at idle? when it's just ticking over at traffic lights for example. Or only when i put my foot down.

With the induction kit, is it easy to kit myself? Even if i know hardly anything about what i'd be doing?

Are there any other options to increase sound too?

Cheers,
Sam

EDIT: How much would i be looking to spend for each option/suggestion?

A Flamin' Red one
On a 1.2 and if you're only after sound then just whack a K&N 57i on it. Fitting it is as easy as changing the wheel after a flat tyre :)

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
you can get very cheap induction kits an argo nowadays. £40 ish!!

you could drill holes in you airbox. (old school style) but if you were to do this, id get a old airbox from a scrappy to replace the drilled one at car change time.

BMW E46 and E36
Does an induction kit make any difference to the fuel economy?

One of my mates has a K&N in his 306 and thinks he gets less miles to the gallon than when he didn't have it. I don't know whether that's true or whether he just puts his foot down more now that he has it lol.