ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Start Problem.

RenaultSport 182
Hi Guys, Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I've only posted a few times since joining.

Over the past few week's sometimes when I've come to start the engine nothing happens apart from chugging. The weathers been both warm and cold, dry and wet. So I don't think thats a factor.

Also a few weeks ago the SERV light was lit, but only once or twice and it no longer lights up.

My Clio is a 1.4 52plate. Anyone got any ideas at all with this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Rick

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If its the original battery i would say that its knackered mate . The batteries fitted by Renault are pretty crap , low amps , if you can hold of a multimeter test the battery , it should be reading about 12.5 or 12.6 volts after its been left with the engine off for 10 mins .I think the batteries are only supposed to last 2 years anyway .If it is the battery try and get hold of a good heavy duty battery , something in the region of 620amps.