ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine swap advice... please

RB 182 Cup
normaly a corsa / nova boy.. done a c20let and a few c20xe's..

i want to drop the motor out of my 172, rebuild the bottom end and then put it into my 182.
im new to the clio.. whats the difference between the 172 ph2 and 182 ff cup enigne?

also.. easiest way to get the motor out? do i leave gearbox and shafts in ect?

thanks, ste

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Easy job:

Front end up, wheels off, front bumper off and head lamps, drop gearbox oil & coolant, remove drive shafts, disconnect coolant pipes and wiring (remember the coolant pipes to the heater matrix), Exhaust manifold off, remove rear engine mount, support engine with crane, remove LH and RH engine mount, lift engine and box assempbly clear (Though lift it at an angle so the box can clear the chassis rails)!

You can leave the radiator in place as unless you're swinging the lump about like a tennis match it shouldn't touch it. The only things extra you will need to do is, if FF version, unbolt AC and PAS pumps and leave them dangling in the engine bay. You can break the system integrity if you wish but I personally find it just as easy to leave them and move it all out the way when lifting the block clear.

Mick

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The only things extra you will need to do is, if FF version, unbolt AC and PAS pumps and leave them dangling in the engine bay.

I'm assuming that if you also wanted to do this the other way and swop over the engine/gearbox from a 182 to a Ph2 172 and take the PAS pump & alternator, etc over as well (if new for example), they would simply plug & play in the 172? All inlets, etc would be swopped over as well.