ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine swap

Mondeo mk3, Clio Si
Hi there,

I'm after abit of advice. Got a ph1 mk2 clio 1.4 16v with suspected head gasket failure very good shell essentially, I need abit of advice as to engine swaps.

This might first attempt at an engine swap on any car, so I'm after a rather straight forward project and something with little to non fabrication required.

Does anyone know (or even better) already done an engine swap on a clio that isnt like for like?

Been looking at many Renault engines 16v's that appear to be same engines, but may have different mounts.

Any advice greatly appreciated, not worried about how long this will take.

Thanks

Mec 350 slk manual
Your better off sticking to the same type of engine like for like and later on get a 172 or 182

Mondeo mk3, Clio Si
Will a 172 or any other Clio basically bolt straight in? I am guess I would need engine loom, ecu fuel pump etc get it running. Thanks