ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Temp Gauge Issues

182 Inferno
Evening All

Having problems with my temp gauge, I'll be driving along and the needle will drop from normal tempreature to cold and then bounce back up. It will do this repeatedly throughout a journey nightmare..!!!

Also i'm guzzling petrol like you wouldn't believe, drove to Milton Keynes after filling up which is about a 40 mile round trip and i had drunk half a tank...!!!! :( And i wasn't even chinning...!!!!

Mum's S3 doesn't drink as much as mine and it's got a turbo...!!!

Anyone got any thoughts...???

Thank to anyone that can help :)

Common fault temperature sender unit IIRC had mine replaced all fine afterwards fuel comsumption is properly related to that as ECU thinks engine is cold.

182 Inferno
Not had trouble starting up it's always been fine. Got it booked in next week to get it sorted along with the Lambeda sensor.

Just seems like it's one problem after another. As long as it sorts out the fuel consumptionm i'll be happy. Feel like i'm constantly at the pump, on first name terms with the guys at the Shell garage :)